Saturday, June 18, 2011

Not a lazy weekend

Just when you think weekends are for sleep-ins...
We had to wake up early to pick Z from Lembah Beringin..her hols have started and the kids have to clear their chalets for the management to do their maintenance work. Satu lori byknya barang2 si Z ni! Itupun some she left in her wardrobe.

Then we attended Mokhtar's son's wedding.Then Dr Faridah's son at Taman Tun (met up with Prof Faris and Dr. Hamzah.I updated Dr. Hamzah about ULMAA talks on green energy and was happy to knw that Prof Faris was not so keen on 'clean' energy anymore ie nuclear.Haha.Ingat I pernah raised the issue with him sebab IIUM championed nuclear energy ~before Fukushima). Met up with an old fren of Matric days..Fadillah..I dah tak ingat..so embarassing! She's Dr Faridah's sister rupa2nya.She's moved on to UTM Jln Semarak.One of those nice people during my Matric days.

Had to rush to Krash Pad to meet up Kanika and gang who had just arrived from Spore to continue their project with the KP kids.The bazaar would be next month.We gotta plan how to give the event a good press it so deserves.Kanika has graduated but returns to the KP community work outa love.Ah..I'm so touched and inspired (I supervised their project during its early days, roping in IIUM students to share the experience and joy working with the kids).It's been over a year and the kids tell me that they now have a sense of purpose when they drop by the centre ..to do as many accessories to sell at the bazaar.They have that skill now to survive...dah boleh buat duit sendiri.And they are all doing well at school (they meet all sorts of people and hence, so exposed and so intelligent).I'm looking fwd to that bazaar day (won't be cheap cos' the money will go back to the centre).

I had half an hour to catch the 3rd wedding at Jalan Semarak (Nik had to send Z to KLCC for her leadership prog interview with one of the MNCs so I had to go alone to the 3rd wedding).Nasib tak jam so sempatlah attend the wedding reception (org dah ramai balik!)

Z and I had a good time going over her interview session.As I told a fren, I have lost my gal.She has her own mind now.Even the materials I helped provide (through a kind fren who's also working with an MNC), she kata tak relevant! She did her own research and preps.I guess I have to learn to let go.She's smarter than me, anyway. :)

Not a lazy weekend, folks.I'll sleep early tonight.You have a good one, yah.

6 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
saya pun nampaknya tidak dapat bermalas-malasan. di samping sibuk dengan persiapan my Z, kami harus lengkapkan laporan MQA! tak suka, tak suka, tak suka :-(

Faridah said...

Mawar: simpati, simpati simpati.Tapi apa nak buat..kita hamba sahaya. :)

Tak pergi Book Fest? Saya pergi petang sikit.Z saya dah jadi published poet.Hai..dah ada rival ni.Dia menulis dalam Bahasa Melayu juga.Bukunya (puisinya dalam buku ini) dijual di Book Fest.Saya pun tak baca lagi (dia berahsia..suruh beli buku tu!) Kata Z, dia tulis pasal kolej dia di Lembah Beringin.

Mawar said...

Kak F
tahniah dan selamat buat Z dan buku barunya. saya baru pulang mengucapkan selamat terbang kepada Z saya di KLIA. dahsyat rupanya perasaan apabila ditinggalkan. serik!
kini, giliran kak F dan suami kian menjelang.

Faridah said...

Mawar:takpalah..dia pergi buat ibadah...dia pun sedih juga tu..sekejap je, kan?

Puisi Z dimuatkan dalam buku kecil yang diterbitkan setiap bulan (penyunting mencari bakat baru utk mengalakkan penulis2 muda).Satu langkah pertama bagi Z utk berjinak-jinak dgn sastera.Dia akan ambil bidang Ekonomi.Jadi masih ada harapan org2 "duit" ni nak bersastera di masa2 akan dtg.

Mawar said...

Kak F,
Z boleh ikut jejak Firdaus Abdullah, orang ekonomi yang menulis puisi!

Faridah said...

Mawar: mudah2an begitu dan dia akan mempengaruhi ahli2 korporat yang lain agar melabur dalam bidang yang kita cintai ini.InsyaAllah..brainwashing starts from home! :))