Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Painting the town red

I have forgotten what it is like to have days of leave (from work)

Today terasa nikmatnya. :)
Z and I painted the town red by mengukur 3 malls yang ada di KL and Kota Dsara (yang 2 tu sebelah menyebelah).Betul kata Shirley Lim, shopping is Msians' national sport.Msian women, I guess.Men tak ramai sgt at the malls.

We wanted to check out our baju raya at Salikin's.He said dah siap but semua tak siap.The ones separa siap were nice...my kebaya riau-pahang..wow! really da cantik.Kata Zul, bolehlah bawak pi mengundi.Haha.Lawak Jebon! My second pair langsung tak nampak bayang.Kata Salikin, kain tenun kapas belum sampai.Baru di-order.Lain kali beli yang dah siap je senang, kot? Z punya kena buat fitting sikit (mine also) so I guess we won't see the clothes for a while till just before Raya.

We also bought a couple of jubahs (in case terlalu penat to buy in Madinah).The funny thing is budak yang jaga counter tu.Nampak mcm Pak.But I asked are you Afghan.He said he was from England.Serius, OK? Z and I dah nak berguling2 ketawa.Biar betul mamat ni.But betul matanya biru.I said huh? He said he's from Pak but his mother ke hapa ke is from the UK (he still has his family there).I asked ini kedai sapa (takda kerja,kan? Kena la buat part time crime investigating).He said kedai sepupu dia.Kawin Melayu? (I asked again) Dia terus tunjuk one Malay designer featured in a local mag.Oh ok...

If you care to look, there are so many interesting people in KL. Mana budak2 local kita bekerja, I do not know.

Lepas tu we went to the Curve (mula2 nak pi Bangsar Shopping Centre but I was too malas to drive since we stopped at Dsara Utama sekejap).Lunched at Tony Romas.We were served by a Vietnamese waitress.
Aiseh..they don't give free breads freely anymore.Harga tepong dah naik...Lepas tu Z and I nak cari something comfy to wear in Mekah ..could not find anything nice.

At the other mall, I got myself a new pair of running shoes.Entah nak lari ke mana! Maybe on the treadmill. :)) Sometimes we buy things we don't really need.But at the Pharmacy, we bought everything we could think of for a country like Saudi.

While Z still had energy to shop, I quit early and made my way to my fav spot: Urban Retreat to pamper my tired feet. :)

Now, that was the real nikmat of the day!

4 comments:

Anonymous Devil said...

haha. you really did paint the town red. sian the pakistani tu. tibe2 ade orang soal siasat. haha.

by the way, you're going to mekah? for hajj? best nye. is Z going too?

Faridah said...

Xlanx: I know you just got married..tapi mana ada musim haji sekarang ni cik weh! We are going for our umrah.InsyaAllah.:) Yes, the whole family is going.Z's first trip.We are all very excited about this spiritual retreat.Will doa for all insyaAllah.

Anonymous Devil said...

haha. i meant later la dr. mane tau you guys are preparing early ke. hehe. doa kan sy jadi kaye cepat dr. hehe. because... wealth = bliss. haha.

Faridah said...

Xlanx: ooo, nak kaya ya? I doa kaya budi bahasa, OK? Haha.OK, insyaAllah..another entry in the doa book.