Saturday, March 23, 2013

Farewell party for Chew

So the US Embassy threw a farewell party for Chew who had been with them for 38 years.Chew invited his friends and I was among them (thank you,Chew, for years of friendship).We had a garden party at Gerbang Ampang Hilir.Cantik giler rumah ni.I met a few interesting people...Deputy Chair of SUHAKAM, former Dean of Faculty of Law at UM.Kelakar juga dia ni.Nmpk garang.Another new friend,Jannice is such a sweet lady...bab2 sharing food dia sgt cekap.Kita suka ice kacang dan tosay.Dan acar berempah timun. Yum.

Dengan Raymond of Pink Triangle kita bincang pasal human trafficking and pros and cons of legalising prostitution.I told him about the German findings...legalising it would not solve the prob malah aggravates it further cos' it would encourage more human trafficking to fulfill high demands for sex workers.Dato Suhakam former Dean of Law tu pun kata ada dua separate issues kat sini: satu human trafficking, satu rights for people to work as sex workers ( by choice).Both Raymond and I agreed on where do you draw the line between choice and forced sex service.

Besoknya (today, as I write this) meeting ACCIN pulak. Mcm biasa I sorang je womannya.Dato Ma was quick to pick my suggestion and I hope we'd work around some of the key issues raised today.

Then I balik to pick Nik and Rosenidah to visit Zanel who had been unconscious for the past 3 weeks.Zarina broke down.No sign of him waking up but I thought the progress was tremendous since he collapsed 3 weeks ago.I know him as a young boy while doing voluntary work with Thalassaemia Association in the late 90s.Byk juga activities fundraising, family day, awareness campaign we did together.Him and his mom are active members.

Semoga Zanel terus dipelihara Allah.

Malam:Family get together.Barbecue.

No comments: