Saturday, June 27, 2015

Cooking time

It's been a while since we last invited students home for makan. I decided to invite 4 postgraduates to iftar.Kita tak pernah ajak Bangladeshi students so I invited a former student and told him that he could bring two others.My RA came early to look for some lost papers so that's 4. Temanya Indian cuisine.I tak kenal pun ingredientsnya even if I could follow the recipes so pagi buta rang up my Indian neighbours Minoo ( she is truly from India but married to a Msian) and Sasi.I just wanted them to accompany me to the market to show me stuffs but they ended up offering to cook for me some dishes.Wah...baiknya jiran2 I ni.I wonder if I would have done the same if they wanted rendang or satay.Rasanya tidak sebab I pun tak reti (everything is frm Brahim).

Anyway, I cooked the mandy rice (paste dah siap..letak je beras dlm air yg mendidih tu), prepared the salad dish and masala ayam.Sasi kata chicken masala tu had to have tht dry look.Mine berendam dlm kuah so we had to keringkan the air and alhamdulillah, my guests kata sedap..the lamb dish and dhal yg dibuat oleh Minoo and Sasi.

Malu tak kita akan jiran-jiran I ni? I hope Allah bagi diaorang pahala sebab tolong kasi makan org berbuka puasa.







No comments: