Monday, July 19, 2010

Al fatihah

My aunty passed away today.My sister sms-ed me the news sekitar Subuh.I was hesitant to inform my mom.She would go hysterical (her only sister left) and then force me to drive back to Raub (which I was not so keen if Nik tak mau balik.Remember my bad spine? I don't drive long distance anymore.Kebetulan this week is our craziest week).Another sister rang and asked if I would be breaking the news to Mom.I said No (they would not be there to pick the pieces).

Then I heard the ph in my Mom's room rang.Someone would break the news to her.True enough, I heard my mom's hysteria...she came knocking on my door, crying.

Lepas tu dia merajuk cos' my reaction didn't match her expectation.
Then I heard another sister make plans to drive her back to Raub.I was outside the Chalk Circle (I'm tired OK folks.These days it's only me and Sal taking turns caring for her and I have new realities in my life to cope with: child leaving home, new job which is so demanding, papers to write, papers to present...all happening this week!)

But in the end, Nik said we'd go back to pay our last respect but a bit later.He had to sort out urgent matters at the office first and cancelled a few things.I would drive my mom over to my sis' place who would leave earlier than us.So my mom was comforted. :))

We zoomed back (Nik naik angin cos' he was going round and round in a circle at IIUM..I tak dengar my ph.Dekat sejam dia tunggu.Fuming mad.Dah satu drama lain pulak!)
Sampai di kampong, I saw some relatives (my only uncle left, his kids and cousins from various dead uncles and aunties).Mak De died in Kuantan at her youngest son's house who we fondly call Busu (his real name is Nazri).Kesian Busu.He told me he was still feeding her at 5 am this morning, still talking to his mom...Busu duduk flat (dia polis).Flat ni cuma ada lift sampai tingkat 4.I asked Sal (I had not been to his place.Sal had the week we were in Kuantan for our niece's wedding) how they brought down the jenazah.Sal said they carried her down.Kesian I dengar.Inilah nasib rakyat marhaen...rumah pun takda lift sampai ke bawah.

I gave Busu money for the kenduri aruah I would not have the kesempatan to attend (Nik was rushing back to work..I got class at 4 to 7 pm.I wish I could just cancel je my class but besok nak hantar Z to her new college pulak and I have a conference paper to present at 3.30pm).
Such is life.Mengejar dunia yang tidak pernah berhenti untuk kita.

I read Yassin twice and got the boys who visited her teratak every Raya to sedekahkan Al Fatihah for her too.The boys (from Bosnia, Kenya, Mozambique, Yemen, Palestine, Uzbek, Central Africa) all loved their time at her place.

Semoga Mak De ditempatkan di syurga firdaus and may Busu be rewarded by Allah for not turning his mom away di saat2 ibunya uzur dan memerlukan.

5 comments:

Lady of Leisure said...

Al Fatihah.. semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat..

ARIF said...

Al-Fatihah..

Anonymous Devil said...

innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun..

dill said...

Al-Fatihah.

Semoga allahyarham ditempatkan di kalangan orang yang beriman. Insyaallah.

Faridah said...

Dear all,
Thank you for your kind words and doa.I appreciate your support here.