Saturday, July 14, 2012

Back on the road

Looks like my old routine is back.I have started reading poems again,thanks to Raja Ahmad's invitation to join his literary circle at his gallery at Dutamas.With the young ones.Ohh..they are very young and promising writers.A joy to meet them.Some with very bold voices who wrote of their or their personas' sexual tensions and desires.Raja and his lawyer friend,Razak and I a bit squeamish gamaknya.Ahaks.

I read 4 of my old pieces...2 in Malay, 2 in English.The young woman who sat next to me kata best...(I asked for her feedback..okay tak my reading?).Always ask for feedback so that you'd know wht work/not work.And that should give you some indications whether you should continue writing and reading poems. Kalau setakat syok sendiri, baik focus on blogging.Haha.

Many were held up by the police road block due to the march at the istana.Stopped to ask a policeman how else I could get to dutamas since semua jalan bapak mereka ditutup.One kind policeman advised me to go through Jalan Segambut.Tak sampai 5 mins dah sampai.Grin.A naughty sms said I hope you won't be the only one at the function.Kah3.Well, we had 20 people.Not bad lah,kan?

My Arabic class ended today.I hope I'd get the opportunity to polish up more after my big project's done next year.I intend to do my sabbatical in one of the countries in the Middle East.Mudah2an Allah perkenankan.Saudi, folks, Saudi. Madinah to be precise.

2 comments:

ubuntu_linux said...

Teaching in Madinah is in my plan as well Prof. I miss that place so much, like we are connected to that place (alhamdulillah)
I hope you get it, but with ur position and experience, you wont be facing any problems even if you plan to settle there forever :)

Faridah said...

I wish Ubuntu..will see what is God's bigger plan for me.Everything is dgn izinNya.It is my big dream at the moment.Somehow you'd just feel his (Prophet's) presence thr,kan? I want to feel it again.