Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Happy 236th anniversary Uncle Sam

I got invited to the US Embassy's Independence Day celebration held at Marriott today...on my capacity as FAAM exec. I got to bring my spouse (who came late from work).

Pretty exciting cos' there were people I knew..Cathie Mulker of NZ High Comm..hug..hug..Chew from the US Embassy..then met new friends...the Ambassador of Afghanistan, spotted with Wahabudeen who just found out abt our blood ties..haha..janji nak balik kg bersama.And met up with someone from Kazakhstan and I learnt a bit more of the country.The country population is only 17 million,folks and so rich. Literacy rate is very high and they are inviting investors to do biz there mainly agriculture at the moment.Lots of land.Hope to visit one day.I have already an appointment to discuss possibilities (of other areas).Heh, the power of networking.

I also bumped into Sharifah's sis in law.And Khalid (now a CEO of an org while I guess still practising law ) and his friend from the Prime Minister's Office.I also got connected with this iron lady, a gutsy Dato from Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) and we spoke of the spread of corruptions at all levels in the country.Universities included! Will invite her to speak to the kids at uni.They have to learn early that the hands that receive (bribes) and those which give are equally sinful and criminal.

The spread was good, folks.Authentically American.I loved the beef roast.Sedap giler.But I had churros and hot chocs just before the event so didn't eat that much.However, sempat juga merasa turkeynya.

Pics later.

To all my American friends...wherever you are...happy Independence Day...please get your government to leave Afghanistan, Iraq and support world peace in non-military ways.Congrats once again!

No comments: