Sunday, July 08, 2012

Goodbye,Teja

Well folks, finally I found the courage to bid farewell to Teja.

When I took Teja for her usual injection, I asked Dr.Bilqis if there were anyone who'd like to take care of Teja.I no longer have the heart to hold her captive in her small cage.Nak lepas, takut hilang lagi.

Dr. Bilqis said Rafiq would not mind.Rafiq gave me an ear to ear grin.He's an Indonesian worker at the vet's and lives in Kg Jawa,Shah Alam.He's good with animals.He passed my interview,"Awak suka makan arnab?"

He laughed and said saya tak sanggup,Puan.
OK, passed!

So I took the last few pics of Teja which Dr. Bilqis kata is a male!Patutlah gatal sgt dok run after Tanjung and Tuah.We thot she was a lesbo!

I made a couple of calls to Z and Nik.Z was sedih.Nik supported my decision although a fortnight ago, he said not to give it away..for the joy it brought to us.But I think we all agreed Teja should not be kept captive.Bukan naluri arnab tidak melompat2.

Goodbye Teja.Thank you for all the love given to us all this time. Thank you for returning everytime your gps didn't work.Gonna miss you but you deserve a better life, a bigger space which Rafiq claims he has in Kg Jawa.

3 comments:

jooli said...

Well done!
Hubby and I are contemplating to set our tortoise 'free' to the pond at Kelab Darul Ehsan. We saw one tortoise there and we hope it can be friends with ours (hasn't got a name but I'd boo it everytime I pass by it in its aquarium and so its name is sort of 'boo').
But it has given hubby something to do morning and afternoon and it has strangely managed to scare the grandchildren to bits (not an easy feat by any standards). Because of these qualities we might still keep it.
We actually bought a pair, but one died, so we don't feel good keeping boo, always being reminded that everything is created in pairs. Maybe it's time to say goodbye too.

Anonymous Devil said...

a lesson learned; always consult a professional to know your pet's gender or else banyak la gosip2 liar pulak nanti. hehe.

Faridah said...

Jooli: I know the feeling..sayang tapi kesian.Org mcm kita tak payah ber-pet-petlah..no time to jaga it. :) I hope you'd find Boo a new owner who would love it the way you and Dato do.Good luck!

Xlan: I did but the vet said they were (aruah Tuah and Tanjung included) were too young to have a gender.Teja is now dah setahun lebih so sifat2 jantan dia dah ketara.Ahaks.Tak sangka, so pretty and yet so jantan.