Sunday, July 01, 2012

Here we go again

Saturday morning started with KL Hilton and ended with a lunch at Chynna,entertaining Prof. Alan Lew and his lovely wife. Z was with me.We had a nice time.Rugi you tak join with your wife, Dr. Bubbles.Even the green tea was nice.:)) Billnya pun nice juga.Haha..but never da mind. Alhamdulillah, we got da monehhh. :)

The talk on Speaking Tourism:Language, heritage and identity in Sabah did not attract much crowd.Miscommunication with KL Library..they only did the announcement after I asked them.Strange for a lib! Nak kena suruh ke? But those who came were interesting personalities with curious minds.I have to thank Dr. Bubbles who came to support.Not only that, he contributed to a lively discussion after the talk on his team's work addressing some issues on Sabahan street kids.Owh..so inspiring.

At lunch, Z and I got to know the Lews better, talking about growing up kids and the empty nest syndromme.Z and I had a nice time going through the day's event and her Spore trip experience while driving her to her spa.

By the time I got home, I was too tired to drive bck to Gombak to attend the workshop.So lepak with Nik till it was time to attend Dr. Aziz Bari's son's wedding in Taman Melewar.Hensem anak dia ni.He works in the US, I was told.Saw many PAS leaders there.We came late.Maybe thre were more before or after we left but met the gang and opened table to analyse local politics.Kah3.Told them, my struggle is bigger than my ego..this on why I agreed to the headship of cerdas (the directorship is reduced to headship as cerdas is brought back to kulliyyah) I need to see the end of projects I started.After that, I can move on to other things, OK? This morning, my new Dean rang to say he wanted me as one of the Deputy Deans but I told him the same thing I'm telling you here.I chose to stay at cerdas cos' of the on-going projects.Otherwise I would have said no to it as well.He respected that. :) For me, it has never been about positions but space and freedom to do what I believe in. I hope the new structure would not change that too much.

Have a good Sunday, folks.



No comments: