Saturday, July 07, 2012

Rawa-land

Half of the clan are flying to Sumatera tomorrow.Queen Mother included (how she kissed and hugged me like it's me going just now...haha).There's so much excitement in their pre-departure.I'm a bit envious..I am not able to join mainly cos' of the conference in which I am one of the plenary speakers (in other parts of the world, that's keynote speaker for day 2 or 3, haha. Thanks UPM for that vote of confidence.I have always enjoyed speaking at your uni..this time it's at Pullman as well, yah)

Back to Queen Mother and her duckies.It's their first pilgrimage to their homeland..former Rawa kingdom.I just hope that they will not be sold by the guide, travelling from KL to where is it they are going...? Padang? I'm sure Mek and Sal will have heaps of fun stories.Mek is already funny sharing with us on how my mother bawak barang2 mcm nak balik kampong...bekal dia macam2..sambal belimbing..sambal jerok limau..berkotak2 instant noodles and tidak ketinggalan, her winter coat! Haha....we thought that was so cute.Padang is not England, Mom (she came to visit me in the UK in the 90s and had travelled to Egypt and Saudi quite a bit.Each trip she'd bring her wintercoat) This is her first trip abroad after years of being in and out hospitals in the last 4 years.A miracle, huh? Alhamdulillah.

Well, I'm glad Sal and family are having a break as well.She takes care of my mom a lot more than any of us put together.I wish them well.Tak sabar nak dengar cerita kelakar mereka (or horror stories of marble headed Rawa women travelling together!)

Watch this space in a few days.

No comments: