Thursday, October 18, 2012

Entertainment in Islam

My friend from the Comm Dept invited her friend to speak on Entertainment in Islam.Prof. Zul focused on music.I learnt much on the position of singing and performing music in Islam.The Prophet was not against it if it's done in celebration of something or if people were expressing their happiness over good things as long as it does not go against the moral framework outlined by the religion.In those days, women played the tamborines.They also sang.

But I raised the issue of why must we narrow down music to entertainment only.Music opens up to other worlds..in the old days,the subject was placed under mathematics..you have to be a good mathematician to be a good musician.Al Farabi was the first to write a book on music and he used music to cure sick people.Music as therapy is not something new.Al Farabi introduced it centuries ago so how could we say music is a western import? And I pointed out to the medical discovery made by a Medical Prof. in Tokyo who did a study on gamelan..that only gamelan produces a certain pitch which could trigger our intelligence cell.

Meanwhile in Sheffield...Z pi dentist..dentist katuk..patut tak perlu buat root canal, dia buat without consent.Mungkin ingat just because kita beli London mcm kita kaya sgt, semua orang Malaysia kaya dan patut dikatuk.

She confirmed once again on Skype, she didn't miss us.I asked her to balik winter break ni, she said you send me the money.I said so you can return home? She said no..so that I can keep it.Bertuah punya budak.

You know, at first I was like so cool, kan? The feeling of loss dtg tiba2... one senja after my power nap, it hit me! Wough, rasa nak nangis teringat Z jauh beribu2 batu.It reminds me of me coping with my dad's death..my sister's...I didn't cry immediately..it took me months...when it hit, tanpa disangka2.Tengah dlm shower.Tengah drive.

Terok.




No comments: