Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Spring is not enough


  1. Diciplak from Ann's fb:

    Spring
    Edna St. Vincent Millay

    To what purpose, April, do you return again?
    Beauty is not enough.
    You can no longer quiet me with the redness
    Of little leaves opening stickily
    I know what I know.
    ... The sun is hot on my neck as I observe
    The spikes of the crocus.
    The smell of the earth is good.
    It is apparent that there is no death
    But what does that signify?
    Not only under the ground are the brains of men
    Eaten by maggots.
    Life in itself
    Is nothing,
    An empty cup, a flight of uncarpeted stairs.
    It is not enough that yearly, down this hill,
    April
    Comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers.

    Edna St Vincent Millay was a remarkable poet (but as a sexual person, kaput! Jantan betina semua sapu.Even while in marriage).Can you imagine that her poems moved people to give her jobs, scholarships etc? Poem di atas is so beautiful.I like that bit "even beauty is not enough" (to cheat on death cos' death pasti akan datang jua.Spring tak spring).

    The world is getting ridiculous each day.I was trying to book this forest resort kat Raub (on the way to Raub).Hutan belantara dia kebas balaknya mcm penipuan Bukit Tinggi..buat golf course lah, tea house lah, French town lah.If you go, hampeh!) Satu villa RM12K.Gila ke hapa? So my friends akhirnya will scout for a cheaper hangout in KL for another get together.Party tupperware ke 50 lagi. :)

    My eldest sister came back from Makkah (the 3rd left in the same plane same day) and she said she doa for me and Nik and Z.So sweet.



No comments: