Monday, April 15, 2013

Menantu Miss Tali

I haven't really written about the drastic changes my MIL went through after her stroke last year (when she went unconscious for days).

Now a few months later, she has lost much of her agility.Her memory is on and off.Sometimes we can't tell but my in-laws have been good children, alhamdulillah.They try hard to care for her despite limitations they have...with demands of work and family.

But as I had long discovered, it would never be enough for aged and ailing parents.
I didn't tell you, did I, that one day, Mama (my MIL) insisted all her diamonds and golds were spread out infront of us and we must take what we like.Aiyooo..no one wanted anything.It upset her so we had to take.I restrained myself..haha...I'm just menantu Miss Tali not mithali.But I took 2 diamond rings for Z and my sis in law gave me one of the bracelets too.When I showed to Z, she said they were too old fashioned for her ( she does not like jewelleries anyway) but I would keep them.I'm sure when she knows the value of antiques, she would appreciate these gifts better.

Today when Mama woke up..she looked around the house, perplexed.She asked me: ini rumah kita, kan? It almost broke my heart.This is the woman so tough, so intelligent, so kind and so considerate...now so fragile and so afraid.

Bibik told me tadi while we were at work, she kept insisting there was money in her pocket.Bibik said her blouse takda pocket.Then Bibik said Wan, you sudah nyanyuk...mana ada poket baju itu.She got upset and asked a taxi was called..she wanted to go back to her home.She told Bibik: awak kata saya nyanyuk...saya muda lagi.

Kesian kan? Mama has always been conscious about her beauty and her appearance.She refused to do acupuncture cos she didn't want her skin to bertanda ( this long before she got to this stage)

But there were times that she could recite ayat kursi and surah al baqarah which I played on my iPad.
May there be comfort in our aged parents as they go through the final journey.

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
saya baru menjalani pengalaman begitu bersama nenda yang sudah kembali ke jalan pulang (feb 11, 2013). benar, ia sangat berbekas di hati. ia selalu akan membuat kita menangis mengenang bagaimana dia pada masa lalu dan bagaimana kita melihat dia sekarang di hadapan kita...

Faridah said...

Mawar: dan kadang-kala apa yang dipaparkan di dalam drama Melayu di TV itu benar-benar berlaku: anak2 sibuk takda masa nak layan, ibubapa yg tua dan sakit merasakan mrk mcm Quran lama...dgn ibu saya pun sama.Kadang2 saya terfikir apakah bagus ibubapa terlalu tekankan kejayaan material waktu kita kecil kerana apabila kita dewasa, kita terus mengejar atau melihat material itu lebih penting. Semoga kita semua dpt menyeimbangkan kerjaya dan keperluan ibubapa yg tua dan uzur.Dan kesunyian.