Thursday, April 25, 2013

The hospital scene

Pagi semalam I rolled on the floor in pain...my endometriosis attacking me...it wanted to come out but ubat tahan darah tu pun strong juga hence the strong contractions...masa nak bersalinkan Z dulu pun tak sakit macam ni.I thought it was time for me to go...

So Nik drove me to Sime Darby Medical Centre.I asked to see the doctor first.Lucky we went early so I got to see Dr. Christina Tai.I had googled her b/ground.Memang endometriosis bidang dia.And her patient's testimonial on the hospital homepage pun convincing.She's very decisive.Mula2 she was like working against the time..ckp laju cos' I sensed she tak mau clients kat luar tunggu lama.I rasa tak syok sikit.But she'd call you again in between time to explain further so in the end,you'd feel like she was listening to your pain, worry and all.

In fact, she called Nik separately to give a separate advice.Kah2.I wonder wht she told him.I was very stressed up masa tu..nak inject, tak boleh, nak itu, tak boleh...and pulak the boys in the lab kena ambik my darah sampai two tubes..the first tak betul buat.I was in a lot of pain kena cucuk sana sini.Dr. C suggested I buat d&c right away.I said noooo.My first experience 26 years ago was a bad one.Sampai today sakit.So she said ok..these days doctors have to listen to what patients want...you tell me what you want to do.

I took some time to think about stuffs. When I decided to do the d&c, nurse kata OT fully booked semlm. Can I do it on Friday, she asked.I said Monday sebab Saturday ada wedding (my 60 plus sister is remarrying and I'm the cake carrier).Set!

But when I saw Dr. C again, she said no...must do today.She'd get the OT..bdk2 tak tau the urgency of it, she said. Wow...mana nak cari doctor macam ni? Syukurlah.

So sat tu, they took me away to the Day Care to prepare me for the procedure.It's supposed to be a 15 mins thingy je.But if you were a woman, your womb is everything.Sekaya2 lelaki, sekuat2nya mereka, sehensem2, semacho3, Allah does not give them a womb.So we women must take care of it.Allah gives it only to women.Men are incomplete.:))

Anyway, masa they took my things one by one, terasa wht death was like.The final thing they took from me was my glasses.And I had ntg left on me except pakaian hospital.At the OT, they just gassed me up.Tak bagi salam pun.Just perkap my face with topeng gas.I was like ikan emas terkeluar from the bowl.Take this off me, I signalled and mumbled...I heard someone said..no dear, you have to breathe in and outttt...

Then there was nothing.

When I woke up, I knew things were done and felt syukur.But eh...where's the pain I had 26 years ago? Had I gone paralysed? Had they taken out my womb? I felt nothing.I got scared.

Sampai today jam 10.40 am day 2 after d&c.Either GA effect has not worn out or Dr. Christina mmg bagus! Apapun it goes without saying rahmah Allah sangat luas.

I better shut up and say alhamdulillah.


2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
alhamdulillahi rabbil alamin.
banyak nada dalam catatan kali ini. dari cemas, ngeri, bergantung harap dan bersyukur.
semoga kak F dikasihi Allah!

Faridah said...

Mawar: rasa mcm nak tulis cerpen ttg pengalaman ini.Tetapi saya masih rasa "off".Takpalah...catatannya ada. Bila2 nanti, saya ziarah kembali nota ini dan tulis mengenai pengalaman wanita ini.