Sunday, December 09, 2012

Beach treat


 cantik mmg cantik but badly maintained

 the apartments from the private beach

 kids playing water soccer

 view from my balcony

 the weather was fine, alhamdulillah

 loved it here

 Baraqah my niece in Kuantan (anak my aruah sister) is about Zafirah's age.
We built sand castles together

 Zac, me and Swee Hai (friends of NZ days)
Aging in style.Haha

Clown yang melampau. :)
From SH's camera


A real treat for my colleagues and I as we spent our annual IEEP at the Sanctuary Resort in Kuantan over the weekends.A real sanctuary at the apartment..there were a lizard and a bee in it which sent me screaming in the middle of the night! I didn't like the apt..the lift didn't work, too many dangerous steps around..I almost sprained my ankle as I tripped over one and fell! The ustaz2 came around to help but oopps..tak leh pegang so a female colleague helped me up..and I limped bck to my room.This on the last day.I went to see the mat salleh manager.Mak oiii..he's gone local..was very defensive at first.I could not believe it when he said: I have worked here 11 years and this is the first time I hear this.I said maybe people did not go to you and complain.I hope you'd take my feedback seriously cos' if someone broke a leg or arm over lack of safety, they'd sue you, you know.Dia pun mula lembut and apologised and asked how I was..I said I was limping.

But I loved the beach.Siapakah gerangan pemuda berkuda di pantai itu? Haha..as Nik and I stared at him, he looked at us, stared back, senyum, nodded and rode on. Baru nak jerit..hei anak muda..kasi makcik pulak naik kuda tu.:)) It was a very relaxing atmosphere.

My niece Baraqah teman I tidur tht Fri evening cos' Nik would arrive the following day je (busy with his mlm epf).The second evening, Swee Hai came to pick us up to dine at Impiana at Cherating.Zac met us there.It was a good reunion with them.We stayed up so late talking about the good old days in NZ.Nik pun tompang riang ria.I am grateful that I continue to be blessed with great friends who I still get to meet even after 30 or so years.

We took a quick drive to Kemaman to buy some kerupok lekor as advised by Adnan on fb.Bought Kemaman satar which had green cili api in it.I loved the taste of it.Beli kerupok mcm nak berniaga di pasar mlm.I got a wee bit outa control in Kemaman. :) And oh, we bought ikan tenggiri fresh from the sea and live crabs and Pakcik Daud,a fisherman at Sg Ular taught me how to tell a female crab from a male one.A female crab has more flesh than a male one.Biasalah, kan? :)

4 comments:

orangkampung said...

Adoiiii that is Swee Hai, aging melampau huhuhu, masih teruna kah dia?

Faridah said...

Ummu: haha..he said org lelaki tak perlu worry nak tua2 ni.Dia dah jauh lebih matang and has developed a great sense of humour. Yang I tak tahan nak gelak selain why dia nak duduk kat airport during his retirement ialah bila kita berbual pasal Lynas.I tanya tak ke nanti waste tu semua meresap dlm air kaorang.He said don't worry..it would get to the fish which we sell to you guys in KL so I can see you glow in the dark too..Guling2! Kelakar giler dia nih!

Mawar said...

Kak F
Tak akan pernah jemu dengan pantai!

Faridah said...

Mawar: inginkan a weekend home di persisiran pantai.Rumah rehat nelayan tu pun OK.:)