Saturday, December 22, 2012

Buat ke sekian kalinya...


...wedding again.

The clan went early but Nik and I decided to go ptg sikit.Bibik and I went to do our Xmas shopping at the Curve.It was supposed to be a quick one but bdk2 tu semua dah started Xmas carols..kita pun took our time shopping lagi.Rasa mcm kat Adelaide, London, New York la pulak.Ahaks.

Then after Zohr, we went to Maria's son's wedding.Of cos' Maria and I do not know each other but our moms forced us to get together..nak merapatkan silratulrahim.I should have gone with the clan.Sampai2 we didn't know who the hosts were.Org dah ramai dah balik (3 mins to 4 pm).I asked the groom where's mak pengantin (I didn't even know anak Maria tu groom or bride...hence, the safe question!) Malangnya, she's nowhere to be found.Maybe dah masuk dlm rumah.So we proceeded to the banquet table..then En. Khair came..suspecting we must be strangers he had not met and was so welcoming.I had to introduce myself as my mom's daughter.He looked like he knew or had heard of us.So I just sat je lah among strangers and started making small talk with the young man next to me.He happened to be Khair's nephew.Dah ada biz sendiri..for a young man, he's doing very well with clients like Astro and Air Asia..production house.Dia ada partner 4 org.One of them a UK grad.Nice to know bdk2 muda sekarang doing something they enjoy as their career.

Finally I got to meet Maria, ibu the groom.She works for IBM.Slightly older than I am.I was closer to her other cousins who taught me how to wade in the small stream belakang rumah nenek mereka every raya.Maria's great grandad and my grandma were siblings so you figure out what my ties are with Maria.I'm lost.:)

As we were leaving, I heard someone calling my home name.Only my inner circle knows this name.I terkejut berok juga..sepupu mana pulak ni? I turned around..Maria's cousin! The one who taught me to wade in the stream.I call her Kak Long since we were so young.Her mom and my mom are best friends forever.OMG! It's been some time since we met.So we sat with them.First time jumpa her hubby and gosh, Hatta and Nik got on so well mcm dah kenal lama! We joked and laughed about their life in Cameron Highlands.Hatta is a Pengarah of some office up there and Kak Long had quit her job with the bank and runs a homestay biz now.Seronok dengar cerita lawak diaorg.I asked apt you tu ada aircon tak? Forgetting Cameron can be as cold as England ( 8 C, kata Hatta) Diaorang pakai heater, you!

I wish we had more time but they were rushing back..musim cuti sekolah ni, demand is high so they have to leave to attend to their clients.

Entah mengapa sedih hati I as I reflected my happy times growing up with Kak Long, Bah (her sister who's married to a rich Indonesian biz man) and of cos' Kak Chik yang kelakar.We are not going to get these precious moments again,kan? And shucks..the radio was playing that Chicago song pulak!

And I thought of my other school friend, Kok Tuan.That was the song he sang at our school reunion some years ago.

I guess it's that passage of time that got into me although Nik and I were laughing hysterically listening to the song on the radio.Kok Tuan was our fav. at the reunion dinner.Kelakar giler.

No comments: