Friday, September 12, 2014

Conference on Pahang

The event was hosted by UMP at MS Garden, Kuantan.My childhood friend now a deputy dean at the uni wrote a paper with me on education benchmarking top schools in Pahang and Selangor.Our session was at 9 am.Pukul 8.30 am Tan Sri Aziz dah signed up.Tan Sri is my Majlis member who will hear no nonsense one.I thought haiyooo...

But alhamdullilah the paper was well-received (my moderator was such a sweet person, Dato Yahya org Maran..conference tu semua orang Pahang!) Tan Sri ckp kat my Rector (who also spoke at a later session) that I did well.My moderator tanya why org Raub pandai2. Iyalah tu.He had a theory..sebab Raub dapat jalanraya dulu, we get the schools first..colonial schools.Mungkin juga but I told him ramai bangsa lain so we had to compete with them as well.Plus the fact ramai Rawas.:)

I found out that evidence Islam sampai lebih awal dari Batu Bersurat di Pahang 1028 but pakar archaelogi who was on tne same flight with me back to KL (Prof Dato Nik Hassan) said tidak dibuktikan lagi.Mesti ada evidence..setakat documentation tak jadi.I found out that Pahang was known as land of gold and that Angkor Wat was built by gold bought from Raub.Byk lagi new things I discovered from pertanian to ekonomi to kanun Pahang to sejarah Pahang.They are trying to establish Kerusi Pahang at UMP.Baguslah.

I met kawan I masa darjah 6, Rubiah..jaguh pecut.I recognised her right away.She thought I dah tak ingat.Dr. Norrihan is another std 6 friend.Kelakar meeting up after so many decades.Ruby's hubby just passed away.

2 papers down, one more to go.I hv two more conferences.Never again to over commit!

4 comments:

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

Is Dato' Yahya the former Pengarah Pendidikan Pahang? Dia orang Maran juga.

Nasib baik ada susur galur Raub & Rawa, terkena juga tempias kehebatan orang Raub. Hahaha!

Faridah said...

Dr. Bubbles: He's the man.He told me masa HSC, Math dpt A woh.Pandainya! Ramai org Pahang hebat2.UMP sedang compile names and experts frm Pahang.You should be in the directory too.Sapa2 nak consultancy or service, senang nak contact.I hope they are serious about the project.

Iskandar aka DR Bubbles said...

Dulu masa dia jadi cikgu di Jerantut, dia menyewa rumah orang tua saya. Kawan abah. Masa kahwin dulu, dia datang ke rumah. Memang baik orangnya. Suka menulis buku terutama bab matematik. Blog dia warisanpesagi.blogspot.com.

Faridah said...

Dr.Bubbles: patut le kenal bebenor..tak sebut nama penuh pun dah tahu siapa orangnya! Mcm nujum pak belalang.I saw the blog.Interesting juga hobby berkebun ni nmpk gayanya.