Saturday, September 06, 2014

The 100th day

Sal texted that today is the 100th day of our mother's demise.Irsyad's 50th day.Semakin jauh mereka.Semoga roh mereka dicucuri rahmah.Alfatihah.

It has been a hectic week.Flew to Penang for a student's viva and had the joy of being in the same panel with Dato Seri Salleh and Prof Sohaimi.The chair (tak ingat nama) looked very Acheh.Macam P.Ramlee.Prof Siti Hajar and I got better acquainted.We share the same interest: feminism of all sorts.

Dato Seri is one sharp mind.Kotak-kotak rajah student habis dia nampak kelemahannya.I think dia ni suka main puzzle or sudoku.Simply amazing.Hajar and I thought when these giants retire, there would definitely be a large gap.Over the phone,Ruzy agreed that all the unis will suffer from not having senior scholars since most of us will be retiring and the young ones are still doing their pgrad studies or struggling to get their APs and Professorships.Back at IIUM, I'm grooming as much as I can - getting my juniors the exposure they need and encouraging them to apply for their APs.Imagine Msia without Dept of Literature! Kering jiwa rakyat semua.

Our second day teaching at the prison went well,alhamdulillah.Bak kata Dr. Farizah: the students look so ordinary.And they are smart, attentive and eager to learn.We had fun.The take home exercise was write on any form of addiction but please do not give me stories of ketagihan dadah or gam.Be creative, I told them.One girl told me that she would write on ketagihan mengumpat! I just had to laugh with joy at that and told her what an excellent idea! I hope she will really write about it.I can already visualise the comic aspect of it.

Seperti biasa, after class we went for the spa (murah!).The driver was in a hurry (we thought lain kali kita drive sendiri..boleh lama sikit buat spa kita) All three of us went for shoulder massage.Phui..on the road rasanya! What a wonderful beginning to an upcoming new semester.We are ready, walau badai datang bergolek. :)

Pagi ni nak pi hantar kuih muih for Gaza Bazaar at Publika but I can't stay..ACCIN meeting and then jeng jeng jeng...I'll tell you later.

No comments: