Friday, October 31, 2008

Last to leave

Z left this morning for her national English Debate Competition in Newcastle (Kota Bahru).Funny how she returns to her dad's kampong and not knowing anyone there! I nak call sapa2 suruh tolong tengokkan pun I know no one! (or they are all too old and not mobile). Nik is in Spore.He left yesterday. By 4 pm, he was already at Arab Street, buying me Italian silk.Hahaha. He's so sweet.Tak suruh pun!
I am, the last to leave home (my flight is at 8 pm).Ini pun satu jinxed trip.Will write about it once things are in order upon arrival.
I pray that my girl will do well in what she enjoys doing.I hope she gets to speak! (she helped the team win 4 rounds at the state level).The current arrangement pelik sikit.One of the coaches is so set on getting back the Wira Cup (she has a good track record too so I guess Z is right, just trust her teacher's judgement) that it is decided that if the first chosen 3 perform well, the rest will not get to debate (there are 7 in the team). Sometimes we get carried away with the desire to win that we forget the whole process of nurturing (if I were the teacher, I'd give everyone a fair chance to compete cos' it's part of nurturing, giving all 7 young minds the platform to be confident, experience new things, be part of the real thing etc). What I find remarkable in my gal is her teamwork spirit.
I'd like to think that she learnt that from me. Hahaha.

No comments: