Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pulau Pinang

The conference was good.A lot of new tricks for my alumni work and I made many new friends. Met up with a few old ones (yup..I made Sharifah's mom cook...banyak, sampai tak termakan2!). Zairi and Hamimah pun ada.Tak sangka pulak Hamimah ni kuat menyanyi.She mc-ed the event.There would be a tune from her with every intro. :))

I accidentally took home Parkroyal's hotel directory (a thick leathered file).
I hope they won't charge me/organiser.Dah cakap dgn Zairi I will return it to the KL branch.Patut bag I berat! I was wondering apalah USM ni bagi file berat sgt ni.Balik rumah tengok hotel punya directory..siap dgn postcards, writing pads, visit penang brochures, etc.Hahaha.I had a pile of documents/papers on top of the directory.During the check-out rush, I bungkus EVERYTHING.Satu kerja la pulak nak pi KL branch tu.

The conference: small and comfy.We had a nice time discussing how to engage our students/alumni in our events/activities.Dato Farid of MAKNA pun ada.We decided to have him run a workshop for us pasai fundraising ni as a follow-up act. Consultant dari Canada tu punya fee katanya USD50K.Clients dia everywhere in the world.Nak ke Msian uni. spend that much?
But we all agreed that Alumni Relations is not about money.It's about building human ties.Selebihnya adalah 'by the way'.

1 comment:

Faridah said...

umm...the first thing I did upon checking in at parkroyal (sebelum orang tiba) was spoil me rotten with spa.Mandi bunga (rose petals, woohoo) and balinese massage (not as good as cyberview's sembunyi spa where we had a real javanese to massage our tired muscles).Budak yang massage I tu macam kederat semut.I was her 5th client.Or was I too fat for her? :(

Spas work like magic on me.I'd recommend them to the ladies any time.