Tuesday, January 20, 2015

On the move again

When a friend sent me a congratulatory sms, I told him he got the wrong Faridah.

The letter arrived yesterday.I was given a new job at the uni's Research Management Centre in charge of managing grants from various Ministries but not international ones.There are many Deputy Deans and Deputy Directors (about ten or so of us.RMC is huge so you can imagine me being part of the uni's lifeline).

CERDAS had taught me much. I will definitely look back fondly of my time there.I had met great staff and built some great network (by that I mean the people in this network are fabulous ones) There were of cos' exceptions but not painful. It's part of learning and growing to be better.

The new office has no lift so I guess by the end of my stint, I would be very slim and fit to run the KL   marathon. Here's to a productive year.I hope whoever nominated my name would not be disappointed.Syukur alhamdulillah, the team I have looks formidable. They are specially chosen cos' RMC has many masters including the Ministry itself!

ASA teams sent pics from Gua Musang.Gua Musang itself is back on its feet (PM pun dah lawat). Even the second school they went dah habis cuci and cantik dah.I wonder where the deprived people are.Then the third batch of pics came...rumah senget mcm nak runtuh.Phuiii..dua hari cari baru jumpa.Well done rakyat Malaysia!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam Dr Faridah. Congrats on your new post at RMC. May Allah ease your journey and help you to add more publications for IIUM. Amin.

Faridah said...

Khamimi: Thank you.So far the job looks much easier than that at CERDAS but this is "early days" yet.Meetings banyak.Semoga dipermudahkan Allah urusannya.