Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A book, a phone and an iBad

My in laws and Nik are all at the hospital.Today I minta izin Nik I tak payah stay up with him nunggu Mama.Ramai2 pun not good for her. They do shifts.And people never stop visiting.Mama is well-loved by friends and relatives.Jah, Nik's cousin visited 3 times semalam.I guess she missed Mak Su ( her mom who passed away some years back).Nik said he played the PR man.It's quite nice re-connecting with relatives and friends yg you meet at kenduris je.

I am reading a book by Greg Smith.Kejap2 ph bunyi.Kejap2 sms masuk.New year wishes.Ada satu kawan India I dah lama tak contact tiba2 text-ed.He lives in Dubai.Mmg from India betul. I'd never forget his story masa duduk kat India and when young.Petang2 adik beradik duduk berlapis2 kat tangga...cari kutu!A common image growing up in Asia.Here, kalau balik kampong, buat kerja yang sama.Yang umur paling tua duduk kat tangga atas and tangga ke dua someone younger etc.That would be in the late 60s and early 70s. Should jot down all these in a story or a novel (berangan tak habis).

Then I nak nap, an old sch friend rang to update another friend who was in coma since last Raya.Her condition worsens.And we spoke of this and that.She'll turn 50 in a few days..I follow suit a few days after.Waaaaa....I asked you tak rasa apa2 ke nak masuk 50 ni.She said mau tidak.Then kita giggle-giggle.Well, it's nice to know that I won't be alone.And my other friend whose bday is in March kata I don't look 50 and we are how we feel.Ya right.But we all agreed, a lot to be bersyukur for.

And here I am on iBad (cikgu Arabic I selalu usik ckp iBad for iPad) juggling an interesting book and friends who may be dealing with their own new year demons. :))

No comments: