Friday, January 18, 2013

Ma'thurat 42

"O Allah! Grant Your pleasure upon our leaders Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali and to all the Companions (of the Prophet) and followers and those who followed them in good deeds until the Day of Judgment.Glory be to our Lord, the Lord of Honour and Power! He is free from what they ascribe (to Him),and peace be upon the apostles and praise be to Allah, the Lord and Cherisher of the Worlds"

What a Friday! Diminta tulis speech utk Sultan. So I told them I tengah sibuk on this other project (dah commit sebab akan dibayar 5 figures utk kerja 2 minggu..but wait...harta karun akan dibahagi 3.I accepted for the experience of it) but if they pay for my RA for the speech project, bisa diatur, yah.I need time to do some thorough research.The speech gotta be fun to listen to.To be fun, you gotta have good points.Intelligent points.I don't have the time to be intelligent at the moment but throw me an RA, InsyaAllah can try.So mereka kata no problemo.OK guys, bring it on.A pleasure if things are made easy for me.Alhamdulillah.

But cerita Jumaat kita hari ini is about my cucu saudara, Aiman.Everyone loves him.Well-mannered, kind and very, very intelligent.Makbapak dia doctors.Sorang doktor pakar, sorang with Health Ministry (doktor yang suka buat admin work nih).Both excel in what they do.Both are workaholics.Sabtu Ahad pun kerja.Kalau on call, tak kira hours.

I guess Aiman and his kid brother grow up like that.
A couple of days ago,Aiman rang me up (pagi buta) tanya what time ofis buka on Saturday at my uni.I was like..ha? Bdk ni mengingau ke hapa ni? So I told him, Sabtu mana ofis buka.Then he asked, hari Ahad pukul berapa buka? (dlm hati I..bdk ni jadi gini sebab byk sangat belajar ke hapa ni?)

Patiently I told him: Sabtu& Ahad, office semua tutup.Semua pejabat kerajaan cuti Sabtu Ahad.Sekolah awak cuti hari Jumaat ke dan buka hari Sabtu? (he and kid bro go to a private school)

He said no but usually the office at his sch buka Sabtu and Ahad (biar betul budak ni)
But to cut a long, confusing conversation story short, I told him to call my uni and find out how he could apply for Medic.He said he'd do that besoknya.

When I told Nik the story, he said, mana tak, makbapak dia kerja siang malam, Sabtu Ahad...so he must have thought office hours is 24/7!!!

Why didn't I figure that out???!

Kesian, kan? I cepat2 called my niece (at 9.30 pm).No answer.Left my sms.
Pagi buta tadi, she text-ed me back saying she dah fell flat at 8 pm!

My advice to all young families (and old ones) : take it easy.

No comments: