Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tunggang langgang, lintang pukang

 HE. Paul Jones (US Ambassador to Msia), Prof Dato Gendeh (ENT surgeon,also
President of Msian Fulbright Alumni Association and Dato)

 Young American grads to teach English in rural/small town schools
in Malaysia 
Msia-US Students Exchange

a pretty garden

old home at Langgak Golf but spacious
I do not know this pretty woman.Ahaks.
Biasalah, kan? Over! (with Dato from
Tganu..tak silap I..dialah initiated the prog)

The Ambassador and Obama

Left work after Asr to attend a dinner at US Ambassador's home at Langgak Golf (a couple of doors away from NZ High Commissioner's home).Thought I was early but in KL, you are either early or late.Can't beat those crazy traffic jams.

It's a celebration of 10 years US prog in Msia (sending American teachers to teach English in rural schools here.The prog was actually a Tganu state initiative..bila dah berjaya,diambik oleh Federal Government as their own.Tak ramai yg tau ni but I know.I was thr masa the launch of first batch tu.)

Anyway,it's good that more states would have access to the prog.I met ramai bdk2 muda baru graduated and do not know how rough it would be in the smaller towns.2-3 org yang I jumpa akan ke Kulai, Muar dan one gal said she'd be posted to Pahang.I asked where.She said Raub.Kah2.So I pun ceritalah yg molek2 je..whitewater rafting, hill resort,national park...walhal nama sekolah dia nak pi tu pun I have not heard of.Entah kampong manalah tu.:) But according to coordinator prog ni, the past batches..semua enjoyed their 10 months' stay.Budak yg kena pi Kulai tu I cuba comforted.If you get bored later, Spore is close by for a weekend trip.He said oh no no..I'd rather visit other states ( and he started to berangan: Kuantan, Trengganu,Penang,climbing Mount Kinabalu).Iyalah tu, wok!

I also met the older Fulbrighters..mostly dancers and musicians.From Hawaii and California. I left the party early sebab lupa I had to pick up Zarah at LRT station.She arrived from Bangkok for a seminar at IIUM.Caught in the jam,I suruh dia ambik cab je ke rumah I.I took my time solat Maghrib and Isyak kat Bukit Dsara.Bumped into an old neighbour.

Balik, jam giler.Lintang pukang, tunggang langgang!

Part 2

After dropping Zarah off at her seminar at IIUM (she came all the way from Bangkok to listen to this guy..I pun tak tau menahu..will share her findings.Apparently the speaker is a prominent speaker..many followers..don't knw from which country), I rushed to attend my ACCIN meeting.Weii..macam2 ada.Nmpk mcm penuh agenda kita for 2013.Tun Mahathir pun dah bersemangat nak giat semula, kata Dato Zainal, pengerusi ACCIN.Byk la cerita Dato time dia pegang Pusat Islam dulu.But to date, we have yet to meet up Menteri Bahagian Agama kita ni.If I were him,I would be eager to touch base with Muslim NGOs ni semua.One of my colleagues at the meeting asked whr could he read my writings..ada blog ke, fb ke..I said cerita mengarut kat personal blog ada lah.:)) 

Part 3

One of the advantages sitting with God-conscious people is having the access to ilmu agama.Some stuffs I heard at the meeting: 1.Peri pentingnya menjadikan umat Islam ni umat contoh since Allah dah kata Islam itu agama yg lengkap.Kedudukan Islam pada umatnya.If umat tidak boleh jadi contoh yg baik, bagaimana kita promote Islam as the best? 2.Jangan kita ikut hawa nafsu kerana hawa nafsu adalah syaitan dan syaitan itu seteru kita. 3.Good Muslims are pewaris Nabi so kena guide org lain esp. youths. I also heard this (elsewhere): Doa org kaya yg tidak sombong amat makbul.Kalau jumpa org kaya yg beriman dan tidak sombong ini,suruh dia baca fatihah kat air, insyaAllah apa2 doa yg diminta tolong doakan, akan dimakbulkan Allah, dgn izinNya (quoting the ustaz).

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
sibuknya!

Faridah said...

Mawar: Sibuk sebab suka menyibuk! :) But I dengar ramai org Melayu yg sebelum ni berkobar2 nak vote out BN now turn over..slogan mereka "We'd rather have corruptions than lose our Allah."

DAP kena ambik kira sensitiviti vote org Melayu, doh.Kalau Najib bijak, if he calls for an election NOW, sure menang!