Saturday, January 05, 2013

The handbag story...

...isn't done yet.

I wrote to the HQ in Italy and some good samaritan in KL rang me up to update the status of my complaint.

I told Ms J that I could easily buy another handbag,another pair of shoes but I'm pushing on on a matter of principle.This is Asia,OK? We are on top of the list on frauds.Credit card fraud, pirated movies, softwares...what makes you think branded handbags and shoes would not make to the list? Mula2 (before the complaint to the HQ) they offered to exchange the handbag.But I like the colour and they don't produce tht colour anymore.And I bought a pair of shoes to match.Mana bley, nak tukar2 gituh.Ada paham style? :))

Anyway, kita tunggu keputusan mrk.

Yang menguatkan kes ni sbb ada 3 cases lain ( two in KL, one in Spore) All different designers.Yg kat Spore tu, pihak berwajib just snipped off the handle of the handbag cos' they found out it was fake.Ha engkau! Yang kat KL tu feedback from a reader here after reading my blog entry.Yang lagi satu works at the handbag store...apparently kawan curi yg ori, ganti yang tipu.And some of you thought I was being vain, kan?

No, this is about consumer rights and possibly white collar crime.Always be on your guard,folks.

Update 25/1/2013:


They said I could get another handbag with matching shoes.When I asked same price ke tak, they said kena byr lebih sikit since new season.I naik angin.Mungkin jual yg tiruan, ada nerve nak suruh I beli yg lain.Service ke hapa benda tu? I said either I get both at no price or I get a refund.

That was 2 weeks ago.Hari ni depa setuju nak refund.And I pulangkan handbag biru yg walaupun mungkin tiruan..masih I suka sebab very da glam :). Namun begitu with the refund money,I could buy another in Europe nanti yah? InsyaAllah.Tidak hingin beli apa2 di sini lagi.


Update 12/2/2013:

Alhamdulillah, they gave me a full refund today for my handbag.No questions asked..I returned bag,took the cheque and said my thank you.But I was so,so tempted to buy a new one tapi bila ingat they might not be pure leather..kensel.Simpan untuk shopping kat UK pulak, God willing.Lesson learnt: always look for the serial number inside your handbag.Google up to know how to spot fake items.

No comments: