Saturday, January 05, 2013

On air

My talk on "Having the right attitude towards language and literature to promote unity and peace" on ikim.fm went well, alhamdulillah.The producer cum dj, Nazri was kind.There was a time I went blank and he kindly went on his " we'll be right back after the break" mode to give me a breather.Too much to say sampai blank.Kah3.But I enjoyed questions from the callers in the one hour talk show.

A few of my friends who happened to listen to the radio (6 to 7 pm - ikim's english segment) sms-ed me and told me they enjoyed listening to the talk and discussion.Dr. Haslina was driving bck from Putrajaya when she heard this muslimah Prof of English and was impressed with ikim's cleverness in getting her.Then she thought that voice sounded so familiar.That intonation and tht fav phrase.She then heard Nazri mentioned my name.Haha! Lawak betul.

And there were a few fb responses on ikim fb too.An old friend of Flinders' days also wrote in.Drop me a line, gal!

I promised Nazri to introduce him to my writer friends so they could read and discuss their work/s.


4 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
Tahniah!!!

Faridah said...

Mawar:Terima kasih.Perjuangan bahasa dan sastera harus diteruskan

ubuntu_linux said...

prof, congrats :)

Faridah said...

Ubuntu: You tau I sanggup stayed up at 1 am last night to listen to the repeat prog and find out how bad my blank moments were? Haha.They didn't show tht much, alhamdullilah. :) I thought it was pretty good except stuffs I want to say on Bhutan's GHI in place pf GNP tak sempat nak selit. The pace was too fast when you go live on radio but Nik said recorded talk lagi leceh cos' you kena be so perfect, you'd have to take many takes.I've never been on radio but some experiences on TV.No time to go blank cos' too conscious nak jaga water face,Kah3.

Google up Bhutan and GHI.