Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The 3 Rs

Pak bryani I cooked (from kotak Shan)
waiting for solat raya to begin.Masjid Besar Raub
Ladies' section
Apo solat tak rapat saf ni!
Smart women in their saf
raya at Long's after solat raya
The only thing missing was my Mom
Tahlil malam at Long's
Potluck bryani and satay
tahlil among family members je
Angah's open house (he lives satu taman with my mom)
the debaters in the family (Z and Ijat).There's
another one - Hidayah (now a lawyer)
  Macam kenal jer 


Raub,Raya,Rest.

That sums up our raya in Raub without my Mom and Irsyad this year.
Surprisingly I didn't cry.That can only mean two things: I am at peace with myself (the guilt's gone) or all my emotions are all frozen up.I think it's the first option.Redho and akur that death isn't the end of everything...amalan kita masih bisa dimanfaatkan oleh orang yg sudah tiada.No point being bersedih2.

And spending raya at my mom's home gave her presence to our raya.I have her bedroom and her bed as I always do every raya (she'd give up her room for us and will sleep on her fav sofa outside with anak2 and cucu2 lain...I feel selfish but she would insist.Bilik dia ada air con and attached bath so takkan nak derhaka,kan? :)) )

I set her the same environs at my hse tapi dia tak mau naik tangga and would always sleep downstairs.

We went to visit the pusara a day before Raya.The real sunnah is to visit at night any time during Ramadan dan Rasulullah melarang kita menyambut hari kemenangan kita di tanah perkuburan.Nak ziarah di luar Ramadan,go second day.This info was given by Mizi who studied Shariah at Madinah Uni.He's Eishah's hubby and he was the imam who read the khutbah raya at masjid lama Raub (we went to masjid raub yg baru tu cos' parking is easier).Shahrul went to the old mosque and told us Pak Su baca khutbah berbau militant sbb dia suruh org berjihad di Palestine.I asked if he got tepukan gemuruh frm the jemaah.Shahrul said adalah dua tiga orang pakcik2 yang tua mengangguk2 tanda setuju.I said org tua yg mmg tak larat nak pi perang..no point.Haha...hilarious betul mrk ni).

We went to beraya at my cousins' in the kg..one on my mom's side..the other on my father's side (first time we went..sbb I went to collect buah manggis a day before raya...berbakul2 I got..syukur..kalau kat KL..I spent Rm30 for manggis yg tak sampai brp kilo tu)Dulu my grandma's plc byk pokok manggis...we didn't go to chk sbb dah lama tinggal rumah tu.Must get my siblings to convert the hse into homestay ke hapa..still looking strong.Kayu cenggal.

We did tahlil at mak's mlm raya tu.Bsknya bfast at Long's,lunch at Kak De with her famous nasi dagang and another tahlil at Long's.A nice get together.

Hari ni Angah is hosting lunch.I am mindful over how much I eat (konon).
Mak maybe gone but  there are 7 replicas of her this raya! We hv all become like her,it's funny.

No comments: