Monday, June 02, 2014

Post funeral sensitivities

Nasib baik juga I balik awal (didn't attend the third day tahlil...my PhD student kena defend her proposal and her time is running out...I had to be there).I heard mcm2 stories from the family's whatsapp group and sensed an unspoken tension between the siblings.I think it's the anger stage for a couple. They will get over it.

If it's for me to decide,I'd give away baju2 mak yg semuanya cantik2 tu to org2 yg lain ( we have identified a few orphanages and old folks' homes around Raub and kawasan2 berhampiran) but my siblings kata biar dulu...too soon and they'd like to keep some for anak cucu cicit so that they know wht their grandma/moyang was like.I guess I have to respect this as well.

I think I have canang the news of my mom's death kpd satu dunia...even to my CW online prog friends who come from all over the world.I nak beritau I tak dpt buat assignments dlm masa terdekat ni (nanti cikgu ingat I drop out altogether). Kita baru 5 minggu kenal but baiklah dia orang ni.Sorang-sorang ucap condolences and kata-kata penenang. I'm touched - mcm dah lama kenal. Walhal our only interactions are us commenting on each other's works (tapi kita selalulah juga gelak2 reading each other's works esp if entries are humorous).I dah tertinggal byk units ni.I hope I can catch up soon.


No comments: