Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A meeting of minds, friends and all, part two

I have another story which I must record cos' it is so touching.It's my surau story again.

You remember bdk yg baca selawat and sleeps at the surau tu? Well, Nik said he jadi religious cos' he lost his gf at age 21.Cancer.Masa tu dia dikejutkan bhw ajal is not for old people.And he turned to God.Dia suka azan.Lama2 surau suruh dia azan and then I guess baca selawat every teraweh.He comes from a well to do family and this is why it is so touching...dia tinggalkan keselesaan rumah to sleep with nyamuk in the surau (masa ramadan jelah).It's been 9 years since he lost his gf.Tadi we watched him from afar as Z and I got into the car to go home.Surau pun dah kosong.We saw the young man melipat2 sejadah dan menyusun2nya.Tiba2 my hati tersentuh...mulianya budak ini...and he looked so alone and so lost...menyerahkan dirinya ke alam Tuhan...sedih,kan? He could have taken a different route, kan? Pubs, women, drugs, etc etc.

Bertuahlah ibubapanya kerana mendapat seorang anak yang soleh.

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
subhanallah!

Faridah said...

Mawar: Kan? Looks like I will carry this story for years to come (macam I carry cerita Darma, yang I heard from a 3rd party dan tak pernah jumpa. Kisah dia masuk Islam dari agama Hindu...bertahun2 I carried sampai takda manusia I didn't relate the story...till satu hari Allah ketemukan dia dgn I dalam satu NGO yang sealiran and we sat next to each other! Tetapi dia seorang yang pemalu dan zuhud)