Monday, August 20, 2012

Selamat Hari Raya

Today is Raya ke 2.How did yours go?

We solat Raya at our surau..first time they held it there.If not, the yellow mosque would be our fav. spot.Khutbah Raya masjid kuning selalunya world class.It's like attending a lecture at a uni.Last year's was particularly superb.

At the surau, Ustaz ulang point2 masa tazkirah Ramadan.Ahaks but I like what he said about wakaf-ing, citing Dato Harun Din who was given RM1 juta by a grateful client.He gave the whole sum..wakaf-ing to a mosque.When asked why..he said he'd rather collect his saham di akhirat than di dunia.And this was true in the early days of Islam when early Muslims gave all for the religion.And that's how Islam came to us...travel is not cheap, folks.

I started with a certain amount of money at the beginning of Ramadan...at the end of it, I have RM10K more! So, do not be afraid to sedekah or wakaf your money.Bak kata Ustaz, takda sapa jadi papa kedana kerana bersedekah.

For those who sent me Raya sms-es, thank you for remembering me (my international ones from Qatar,Cambodia, UAE,Yemen were touching...like Maher yg kami bwk balik beraya when he was a student at IIUM. He called up and ckp that he would never forget my family's kindness...geez...ini yg dinamakan hati mulia, ya? We didn't expect anything in return).But this year's Raya SMS wish goes to Dr. Isham and wife, Dr. Fadzillah:

Senyap tak bererti hilang.Diam tak bererti lupa.Jauh tak bererti putus..walau di mana kita berada, kita tetap sama,sejauh mana kita pergi, kita masih tetap junjung langit yang sama.Maaf jika ada khilaf dan salah.Selamat Hari Raya.

To which I replied: woit..bukan ini raya SMS you sent last year?

Haha.

To which they answered: apa nak buat..itu je yang ada.

Guling2!

I nak pi beraya lagi ni with my school mates who I have not seen for 30 years.

2 comments:

ubuntu_linux said...

Prof
Selamat Hari Raya to u n ur family :)
p/s: I am currently reading the "mengapa saya tinggalkan shiah". pheww!

Faridah said...

Ubuntu: Selamat hariraya to u too.Maaf jika ada gurauan yg kasar di sini.Don't even think muta'ah. :)