Friday, August 10, 2012

Nostalgia ramadan

Standing from left: my 3 older sisters (the gal on the right I tak kenal)

Sitting cute from left are Mek, sulky me and aruah my 4th sister, Siti Nurul Anwa who died in a car accident at 34 (al fatihah)



Are you like me who would get sentimentol di bulan ramadan as it comes to an end? You'd think of the dead..your dad, your sister, your grandmothers (I never met any of my grandfathers), your cousins, your uncles and aunties who had all gone. Even my guru mengaji, Pak Aji Asmawi.He's from Sumatera but a Singapore citizen.I miss him cos' he taught me the value of humour in seeking/teaching religious knowledge. Going to his place was something I would always look fwd to: not only my sisters and I would be given apples/oranges after mengaji but cerita2 hantu. :)) I saw him in Singapore a few years before he died.Al fatihah.

Tahun ni our annual tahlil for all of them lambat sikit.I hope my other half would not forget to fill in the form before the week ends this week. Our surau buat tahlil for the dead every night before teraweh.But you gotta pay seikhlas hati...for the surau anyway.Byk nama-nama menarik as the mc reads out who the tahlil is for.


p/s The pic was taken in Cameron Highlands.Mek told me once that the older sisters told her as they helped to dress us up that we were all going to London.Coming back to a warmer climate in Raub, Mek was asked by her friend where she had gone over the holidays.She said, "We went to England.Sejuk, awak!" Haha.

No comments: