Friday, August 24, 2012

Prayers for Nura Che Din

Nura is standing next to me with Shahmiah and Ju
(at NZ High Commissioner's home last year)


A good friend of my Waikato days is lying in coma in Kuantan at the moment.An sms from a fellow alum yesterday said that she collapsed in Kemaman and was rushed to a local hospital.

Nura Che Din is not the kind of person who would hurt even an ant.A soft spoken person who laughs more at your joke than anything else.This is how I remember her now as she lies unconscious in the Medical Centre in Kuantan. Close friends rush to the scene.Badri and his wife, Az (also Waikato alums) sms-ed, updating me progress. Nura's husband in his confusion and sadness found time to thank us for our sms-es. When we were not too busy with work, my family would visit Nura in her Shah Alam home (vice versa) but the last time I saw her was at the NZ High Comm function in 2011 and her last email to me was also last year in October, saying "Kak Freda..Kak Freda" over some article meant for women which I shared with her.This memory puts a smile on me now. Selalu every raya she would email me raya wishes..this year both of us sibuk cos' I tak hantar/call..dia pun tidak. My only regret now.

Epah her good friend at Waikato was informed and I tried to reach out to as many Waikato alums who know her and we recited yassin as we recalled her kindness and sifat lemah lembutnya sepanjang our friendship.

I remember the car accident (Epah langgar kereta police! but the police was in the wrong..buat U-turn tengah2 highway after clearing up another accident) on our way back from Manukau to Hamilton. Epah was driving. Nura and I would laugh at this when we got to look back at some of our adventures abroad.

The sheepskin I pesan some years ago is still lying good downstairs (she went back for a holiday a couple of years or so ago and I kirim a couple of sheepskins..setengah orang would find excuses not to entertain, kan? But Nura gladly obliged.Begitu mulianya dia)

Nura, I hope you hear this..we all love you and pray to Allah that miracles will happen as we pray for you.And to your family: please stay strong.

6 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
Semoga Nura kembali sihat!

Faridah said...

Kita terus berdoa..my friend Badri now temankan Dr. Sharidan,suami Nura in Kuantan.He said docs tengah nak buat compatibility of stem cell tests ke hapa..kalau sah belum brain dead, ada harapan..if not, they will pull out the life support system..only Allah knows the best for her...kami hanya mampu berdoa dari jauh.

Sebelum collapsed, suami Nura cakap dia baru lepas ambik wudhu'...

Mawar said...

Kak F
Allahu akhbar!
Ya, Allah Maha Mengetahui.N

Faridah said...

Nura telah disahkan brain dead..jenazah akan dikebumikan di perkuburan Titiwangsa lepas Zohor besok.Dari Allah kita dtg, kpdNya kita kembali.Alfatihah buat insan yg begitu baik akhlaqnya.

Mawar said...

Kak F
Allah, Allah, Allah. Kepada Allah kita kembali!

Faridah said...

Nik and I tak sempat bersolat jenazah..we arrived late but sempat ke kubur, dengar talkin and tahlil.Spoke with Dr. Saridan, Nik dan dia berpelukan but he's calm.Anak kecilnya sebiji rupa aruah..very young..maybe 9 years old.I gave him a hug.Dia nampak masih confused, sad but calm.Semoga mereka semua di dalam perlindungan Allah.