Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My cousin, Baha

Raya, day 3.

Today we decided to visit Baha's place. I do not know where to begin with Baha but we used to mengaji Quran together.He's 4 years younger than me. We would always remember him as a good son cos' he takes care of his parents well especially his dad, aruah Pakcik Abas who died of cancer a couple of years ago.The family owns a construction business and Baha was his father's apprentice since after SPM, always that gentle and respectful son.

Today we sat listening to Baha's stories.Yup, business is bad, he said.There's hardly any project.I'm diversifying, he said.And he shared with us his visions and plans.He told us how he got the land in which he built his own home."Dad gave the land as a gift to my brother, Lan ( they all got one but given in stages).Then one day I received a phone call asking if it were true the land was on sale.I didn't know Lan was selling..so I rang him up and said hey, if you were selling, please sell it to me." And he bought the land and built a home where the siblings and mom are all closeby.

His dad must have loved him so much cos' the family business and building were given to him and he had converted 2 storeys of one of the buildings to accommodate a tahfiz school..with a hostel for 60 kids.He said he wakaf it for his dad and mom.My god..I felt like bursting into tears then.Mulianya budak ini.Tak perlu pergi university pun to be so enlightened! He said soon he would open up the opportunity to contribute to others who want to mengumpul saham akhirat..RM10 per unit.Even my bibik bought a unit! :)) If you are interested, look up this facebook and contact the ustaz who runs the tahfiz.Baha has nothing to do with it.He said he cuma kasi space..the building and whatever to do with the tahfiz school, mmg ustaz tu yg responsible 100%.He said he didn't want people to think he's making business out of the tahfiz school.

The fb account is Tahfiz Al Quran Dar Al Abrar.I have not looked it up.If you can't find it, let me know.

Another thing Baha's dad taught him was never bagi or ambik rasuah while doing business.They do not believe in cables except cable Allah.2 years ago,Baha won a project worth slightly over a million ringgit tanpa cable..he said this was his first after his dad's demise.He said no cheating and no sub-standard quality...selebihnya serah kepada Allah.Ada rezeki, ada.Kalau tak ada, takda..tak perlu tempah jalan ke neraka by doing benda2 haram.Sekali lagi I felt like bursting into tears.If only there were more contractors and business people like Baha...

And I am proud of his achievements.May Allah grant him more wealth which he would give back to the community.

2 comments:

Mawar said...

Kak F
masya Allah!

Faridah said...

Kan, Mawar?