Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Deepavali update


deepavali at sunway lagoon club


 early arrivals

 more early arrivals

 make way for me, Sir.

 my fav spot of the day: tosei paling sedap

 2 heroes of the country: Mr. FOMCA man and Mr. SUHAKAM man

You can say Diwali or Deepavali.Both also can

As expected, the tosay was good. Without shame, I went for several helpings.I was at the same table with two gentlemen from the Labour Dept.We started talking about employees' rights, equal pay etc ..memang..I ni tak tau nak hormat orang...pilih lah tajuk2 yg deepavali sikit, kan? But bila lagi nak dpt inside stories.In the end, we all had fun talking.You'd be surprised to know that the gomen's decision to have a min pay of RM 900 ditentang oleh company yg besar2 ni..nak minta gomen lanjutkan tempoh implementasi.Terok, kan? RM 900 tu way below world's average pay at USD1500.

I said prob is if gaji naik, barang pun naik..sama juga.Cik Nik kita dgn bijak menyampuk..but kalau gaji tak naik, brg terus naik, worse.Haha..iyalah..iyalah.

Then ada satu lagi joker.An activist (another reason why I like going to Datuk M's annual open house selain tosay yang sedap ialah tetamu2 dia kebanyakannya activists.Tapi lawak).So Mr J ni kwn Nik juga.Nik kata let's say hi to J.I asked where is he from.Nik : Portugal.

So I told J, Nik said you're from Portugal.Pakcik ni kata yes but our ancestors were mainly from Goa.I said are you sure you are not Jewish cos' kat Goa kan byk Jewish settlements dulu2 masa zaman colonial..and saki baki masih ada sekarang.J ketawa kuat2.He said I have an answer to that : who cares.

Haha.

I'll put up the pics later.
Was going through some fb postings on Deepavali (some people are so lucky holidaying in Prague...)...one entry complained for being mistaken for a Hindu.Dia pi hantar kereta nak cuci but was asked tak mau wax ke for raya. Another Hindu fren was asked if he were carrying the kavadi this year.I remember my own blunder last year and another one at raya a few years back.Yg Indian Muslim tu I asked at a seminar held on deepavali eve: so besok Deepavali? He said I don't celebrate, I'm Muslim.Kantoi jahanam!

At a raya puasa open house,I asked 2 Indian looking guests if they ate beef..they said they had no problem.Rupa2nya Indian Muslims.And they were from IIUM too ( different Kulliyyah).Kantoi!

No comments: