Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday, in the kitchen

Only God knows how long I had not done real cooking.

Today, while waiting to attend Azwadi's kenduri or teman Nik pi test drive his dream car, I decided to try Evan's broccoli soup (and had taught Bibik how to do Azra's honeyed roast chicken pineapple dish).Bibik was out of focus..I notice this for some time now.I asked if she fell in love with that Sepang guy (a married man).She didn't affirm or confirm.I hope not.She's such a good woman but 2 weeks ago she dreamt of a little baby..ustaz selalu kata kalau mimpi budak kecik esp if kita menyusukan dia, mimpi ular hitam, mimpi jatuh kat tempat kotor..itu petanda kita kena ilmu sihir.I really,really hope not.Bibik ni jujur but we never know what loneliness can do you.Sigh..I pray to God it's just some home worries that she's thinking of.I pun kena la sabar, kan? Tadi I dah jerit2, "What is wrong with you, Bibik?!" ~ cos' she tak salin betul2 recipe soup Evan as I read out to her.Lain I suruh letak, lain dia taruk.

But alhamdulillah, sempat I selamatkan.Kesian Bibik.I'll talk to her in a bit.
I'll share with you the recipe when I'm free.Evan pun merepek juga but I like the layers of taste as dia soup lapiskan perasa different sayor.Mcm kek lapis Sarawak. :))

Have a good weekend ~ what's left of it.

Part 2, Sunday, in the kitchen:

We were still talking about the IWFF soft launch at Azwadi's plc.According to Has, sebenarnya Zara yang launched the event.Guling2! I told them I actually saw that from my table.And told them how hati I berkata2 pasal pulak Zara ni yang tekan button computer tu sampai menyala semuanya?! Kah3.Zara said Tan Sri dah pressed but butang tu dok pause so she wanted to get it right by pressing, pressing. :))

Anyway, Munira saw the news on Hijrah.

More cerita behind the scene: perihal Mart tanya I if he was needed at the pc.I was told by Corp Comm, 3 org je needed so I told him tak perlu.But actually we needed him masa Q&A.After pc, Datuk tanya whr were you, M said I was shoving him with reps from the Embassies, suruh network. :)) Kelakar betul.

And I must record this: Datuk Othman Hafsham was the first Malay to do a degree in film studies in London.Dia pergi naik kapal.About 27 days baru sampai.His dad wanted him to do Political Sci but he said dia nak belajar filem.His dad asked: kau nak jadi P.Ramlee? Jika kau nak buat filem, aku tak support engkau.
And that's how he left for London.That was in the 1960s.

I think most artists in this country have a similar story.

No comments: