Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Official chauffeur of the day

I guess it was my last stint for this week..playing host to friends from abroad.I guess Dipika is the last to leave. She's such a joy to be with.Her debut novel Thunder Demons is impressive.I could relate to it.Non-pretentious indeed.But I haven't really read cover to cover.What little I saw/read was good. A well-researched novel.Reminds me of Suchen Lim's work.

We then (Quayum, Dipika and I) lunched at Kak Leha's restaurant.Quayum belanja.Weiii..syukur di atas rezeki but both Dipika and I agreed we over-ate (the spread was superb).The talk was most useful (on writing to be published). On my way driving her home, we decided to stop at the Curve to shop. :) But I left early. Penat meeting after meeting after meeting. My fav hair salon and my spa centre habis tutup.I do not know for good or for renovation (I was told the hair salon's closedown would be temporary and the spa centre next door might be so too.I hope! My package money masih beratus2 ringgit lagi tak pakai).Business can't be that bad but lots of shops have shut down.

No comments: